It's been ages since I joined in on the Milspouse Friday Fill-In over at Wife of a Sailor. This week's questions are super interesting. Can't wait to read other milspouse's responses!
NOTE: I am on the lookout for milspouse-written blogs to feature in an upcoming issue of Military Spouse magazine. If you'd like to make sure I check out your blog in my search, leave a comment or email me. We're featuring blogs from all branches of service on a wide range of topics!
1. Are you a different person than you were five years ago? submitted by Sisterly Thoughts
The personality psychologist in me says, "No, I am the same person I always was." The traits that make me who I am haven't changed all that much:
- I am an information junkie. Love learning.
- I talk (almost) non-stop if I have someone to talk to. Sometimes I talk to myself, too.
- I love to cook and eat. Yesterday I made blueberry crisp with Little Man using berries we picked ourselves. Delish!
- I have more negative emotion than the average bear. I worry when I shouldn't. I get angry faster than I should. It's hard for me to let go when I get in a funk...my bad moods settle in like a stalled storm system, swirling around for hours.
But I'm different, too. My values have been re-tooled by marriage and motherhood. I don't expect perfection all the time. I'm more apt to reflect on why things happen and what they mean. Forgiveness comes easier than it used to.
My sister, Jen, because I miss her. The Amazing Race would give us time to hang out. We wouldn't win, but we'd have tons of fun.
3. Does Facebook or Twitter actually bring more stress or good in to your life? submitted by Just an Arizona Girl
Neither FB or Twitter cause me stress. I'd love to spend more time on both, but I recognize that other work is more important. Without FB, I wouldn't see my friends' kids grow up or learn about what's happening in their lives. I am terrible at keeping in touch. FB helps with that! Twitter is addictive and I try hard to keep it in check!
4. June is National Soul Food Month- what's your soul food? submitted by NH Girl Displaced
Hmmm. Chocolate cake with espresso cream filling and chocolate ganache. And a glass of red wine.
Or thai chicken with basil.
Or aloo gobi (curried Indian cauliflower and potatoes).
Dang, now I am hungry.
5. If you could live in any other era than the current, which one would it be & why? submitted by Sugar in My Grits
I'd like to live in WWII America to experience the level of national camaraderie that generation experienced. Despite many challenges, the shared commitment to a cause must have been very powerful.